Information Checklist

The following information is indicative of what is usually required to complete a holiday let mortgage application, accurately and quickly. If you could take a moment early in the process to gather your files and pull together what you can, this will ease the process considerably.

Many documents, like bank statements, pay slips, utility bills etc can be downloaded directly from your providers online system, or can be saved directly via the “Print to PDF” function. This is our preferred option for all non-paper based documents.

Where this is not possible, you can simply scan a document (so long as the result is good quality and clear) or now, many lenders are accepting photographs of documents (i.e. pictures taken on your smartphone).

For all persons named on the application (maximum of four allowed):

Personal Identification:

Typically these are paper based documents and so please provide a high resolution scan or clear photograph of an in-date document, showing the full photo page:

  • Passport.
  • Driving licence.
  • Identity card.
  • Travel visa.

We use clever electronic ID verification tools to check your personal identification and your current address. One less thing for you to worry about!

We will also need:

  • Your National Insurance number.
  • Details regarding any change of name.
  • Address history for the last 3 years.
  • Details of any properties that you own, including dates of purchase and current estimated market values.



These documents are normally available in electronic PDF format, downloadable from your providers website either directly, or via the “Print to PDF” function:

  • Details of all the bank accounts you hold, including lender name and address, sort and account codes and how long you have held the accounts for.
  • Latest 3 months’ full individual and joint bank statements showing salary credits (if applicable) and all monthly outgoings, bills etc. If internet-based prints, these should show name, address, bank name and sort code and account number.
  • Proof of deposit, which is normally provided via your bank statements. Or, if the deposit is being gifted to you, you will need to obtain certified bank statements from the person providing the gift, confirming that they have the required funds.
  • Latest credit report for each applicant. This is essential and if you don’t already have access to one, you can get one free of charge by creating an account with Credit Karma ( If your report is not ready for download yet, then on the page “My Credit Report”, just hit Control-p to print the page and then select “Save as PDF” as the printer and hey presto, your report is ready!



These documents are normally available in electronic PDF format, downloadable from your providers website either directly, or via the “Print to PDF” function.

  • Employed applicants:
    • Latest 3 salary slips that show employer’s name and gross and net amounts.
    • Latest P60.
    • Other regular employed income with matching pay slips and bank statements showing the payment going into your bank account for:
      • Bonus payments and letter.
      • Commission payments and statements.
      • Overtime payments and statements.
  • Self Employed applicants, such as Partners or Sole Traders:
    • Last 3 years’ SA302’s Income Tax Calculations showing your declared income and your corresponding Tax Year Overview documents.
  • Shareholder/Director applicants (if you own more than 20% of the share capital):
    • Last 3 years’ SA302’s Income Tax Calculations showing your declared income and your corresponding Tax Year Overview documents; and
    • Last 3 years’ professionally prepared accounts, with details of your salary and dividends paid plus the overall company profit after tax for each period.
  • Other income: Details of non job-related income, such as rental income, investment income, pension income, benefits etc.



We don’t normally need copy documents for these items, but we will need to know the details and values of all credit and finance agreements, such as:

  • Credit or store card.
  • Personal loans.
  • Payday loans.
  • Car finance.
  • Other purchases made using credit.
  • Student loans.
  • Overdraft.
  • Other loans.

A summary of the following regular outgoings:

  • Essential costs:
    • Home utilities (gas, electric, water, council tax, internet, phone, TV license).
    • Important insurances (car, building and contents, travel, medical).
    • Essential home-related expenditure (repairs, cleaning, misc purchases).
    • Essential car expenses (repairs, fuel, servicing, road tax).
    • Other essential travel costs.
    • Life assurance / endowment payments.
  • Basic living costs:
    • Social food, drink and entertainment.
    • Other home-related expenditure (cleaning, misc purchases).
    • Clothing and footwear.
    • Savings.
    • Birthday, Christmas and other celebrations.


The Holiday Let Property

  • If an existing holiday let, evidence of the last 12 months’ revenue, number of bookings and key costs, such as marketing and housekeeping, will be required. This existing letting income needs to be matched to a bank statement.
  • If a new holiday let, then obtain:
    • a letter from your chosen holiday letting agent, detailing the forecast:
      • Annual revenue and number of bookings.
      • The weekly rate in peak, mid-season, and low season.
  • a guide from a local Estate Agent as to the long term let (AST) monthly rental figure as some lenders use this metric instead of holiday letting income!

This list is a guide only and your actual information and documentation requirements may be different, depending on your personal circumstances.

Certifying a document: A Quick Guide

When you apply for a mortgage, sometimes Lenders may ask that are certain documents are certified as true copies of the original. Copies of documents that can be certified include:

  • Passports.
  • Photocard driving licences.
  • Bank or Building Society or credit card statements.
  • Gas, electricity or Council Tax bills.

Who can certify a document?

According to Government advice, your document should be certified by a professional person or someone well-respected in your community (‘of good standing’) for example:

  • bank or building society official Councillor.
  • minister of religion.
  • dentist.
  • doctor.
  • magistrate.
  • chartered accountant.
  • solicitor or notary.
  • teacher or lecturer.

The person you ask should not be:

  • related to you.
  • living at the same address.
  • in a relationship with you.

How to certify a document

Take the photocopied document and the original and ask the person to certify the copy by:

  • for personal identification documents that contain a photo, write: “I, [full name of certifier], confirm that this is a true likeness of the applicant seen and a true copy of the original“.
  • for your documents that don’t contain a photo, write: “I, [full name of certifier], confirm this is a true copy of the original seen“.
  • ask the certifier to:
    • print their name, sign and date the statement.
    • add their occupation and company (if applicable).
    • add their address and telephone number.